Siemens (Italy) - F&B packaging, Italy.
Customer Situation / Objectives:
- The different brands complicated the development and customer service.
- When trouble-shooting or servicing, the operator must be able to access the interior space, if necessary, and be protected from hazards involving moving parts or liquids.
- Safety and productivity should be optimized simultaneously.
- SIMATIC CPU 1513F
- SIMATIC ET 200SP
- SIMOTION D425
- SINAMICS G120, P
- ROFINET/ PROFIsafe
- SIMATIC S7-1200
- SIWAREX WP251
- SIMATIC HMI KTP700F Mobile
- SIRIUS ACT
"Thanks to the TIA Portal with its associated software solutions and diagnostic tools, we have succeeded in reducing the work hours for the planning and commissioning of each individual machine by approx. 30%." - Filippo Tedeschi, Filler & Seamer Automation Manager bei CFT Group.
- Everything from a single source - fewer interfaces - reduction of the complexity ->30% savings in terms of work hours for the planning and commissioning via TIA Portal
- PROFINET/PROFIsafe reduces the wiring costs and efforts and allows for new solutions.
- The expanded diagnostics allows us to provide significantly more efficient after-sales service to our customers, even during regular customer service.
Location / Project Description:
- CFT Group, Parma/Italy, 600 employees worldwide
- The CFT Group designs, engineers and manufactures plants, complete production lines, and turnkey systems primarily for the food and beverage industry. The food division concentrates on developing and implementing complete packaging plants with a particular focus on planning and building rotary filling plants.
- The rotary filling system is comprised of 3 units. Cleaning (with air), filling (by weight), and sealing of the glasses or bottles.
- When trouble-shooting, retrofitting or servicing the system, the operator must be able to access the interior spaces of the machine if necessary. Care must be taken to ensure that the operator is not put at risk due to moving parts or liquids.