OMEGA Engineering, INC. (United States) - The new DP400S Strain Meter is designed as a display for load cells and pressure sensors and includes an isolated power supply for the strain-gauge. The conversion frequency programmable up to 1.2 KHz and the resolution of up to 24bit ensure high levels of accuracy. Various calibration modes can be selected for the analog input (sample weight, percentage value on scale base, mV/V value).
A dedicated programming tool is the Omega Branded Free Download Google Play App - "Direct Link" relying on RFID/NFC connectivity and allowing straightforward programming without wiring by Android devices. You can also find the latest version of App from our software link.
Programming tool's key functions include multiple options for calibration management, Totalizer and Sum functions, graphic visualization of process trend with programmable time basis or bar - graphs with alarm/event thresholds.
An auto-configuration mode has also been implemented for selected Dynisco melt pressure sensors, simplifying the initial set-up for the user. Connectivity is guaranteed by RS485 with Modbus RTU/Slave protocol.
For maximum flexibility of use, it is also possible to choose between horizontal or vertical installation.
The distinctive feature of the entire DP400 series is the innovative multilingual interface, with text menus allowing intuitive and quick navigation of parameters and visualization pages.
It is possible to choose among different languages and the comprehensive menu considerably reduces the need to consult the technical manual for initial set-up.
- Box: 96x48 (Front panel) x 48 mm / or 1/8Din
- Power Supply: 24 ~ 230V AC/DC ±10% 50/60 Hz (galvanically isolated) 2500V
- Power Consumption:6 VA
- Display: OLED (monochromatic yellow)
- Operating Conditions: Temperature 0 ~ 45°C, humidity 35 ~ 95RH% (non condensing)
- Material: Box: Polycarbonate V0
- Weight: Approx. 165 g
- Sealing: Front panel: IP54 (IP65 with gasket) - Box and Terminal blocks: IP20
- Quick Set-Up Options: Memory Card micro USB, APP. OE Direct Link (Android devices)
- Wiring: Removable Terminal Blocks and Spring Locking
- Visualization Range: -999999 ~ +999999
1 Analogue Strain Gauge:
Strain gauge input ADC 23 bit (8000000 points). Max 2 350O parallel load-cells or max 4 720O load-cells. Linearity < 0.01 % F.S. -thermal drift < 0.001% F.S. / °C . Max input signal 39 mV Max load-cell sensibility 7 mV/V. Potentiometer: min. 200 O (10000 points). Custom linearization up to 16 steps.
PNP inputs programmable for Run / Hold / Tare-Zero / Alarms manual reset / Peaks reset/ Min. peak reset / Activate-Reset Sum / Parameters lock. Net/gross weight visualization.
Configurable speed conversion from 1 Hz (8000000 points) to 1200 Hz (30000 points)
Overlapped to digital inputs. Rotative for setpoint modification.
2A - 250VAC (resistive charge)
1 Configurable as 0 ~ 20mA or 4 ~ 20mA. Resolution (16bit 60000 points)
1 strain gauge power supply:
5 VDC - 35mA max.
12 VDC - 30mA for digital inputs Serial communication RS485 Modbus RTU - Slave (galvanically isolated from Power supply/Inputs/Outputs)
- Alarms Regulation: ON - OFF with hysteresis
- Alarm Mode: Absolute / Threshold, Band with instantaneous/delayed/retentive/by digital input activation, Sensor failure / Activation by serial line
- Sum Function: By digital input or by keyboard it is possible to sum different process measurements over time
- Totalizer Function:Visualisation of instant process value and total value since last reset
- Trend Visualization: Trend visualisation with selectable time basis 1 to 3600s
- Analogue Retransmission: Process values / Setpoints
- Digital Transmission via RS485: Process values / Setpoint / Parameters
- Calibration Function: Sampling value, full scale % value, value mV/V
- Text Menus: English/Italian/Deutsch/French/Spanish
- Measure Unit Visualization: Selection of different measure units
Image 2 Caption:
Graphic Display Examples.