American-Newlong, Inc. (United States) - Field service technicians respond to customer callouts, providing technical service and maintenance support at customer locations. They are responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment out in the field and providing technical training when necessary.
Providing service and customer support during field visits, diagnosing errors, or technical problems, and determining proper solutions. Managing all onsite installation, repairs, and maintenance.
- Responding to customer callouts and field dispatches.
- Meeting with the customer to determine the nature of the service or repair.
- Conducting routine equipment servicing out in the field.
- Inspecting and troubleshooting equipment failures.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in electrical design, programming, and troubleshooting of process and packaging systems.
- Repairing equipment and replacing faulty parts.
- Installing and testing new equipment.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, RSLogix 500) PLCs, PanelView HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks, and control panel design is preferred.
- Automation experience preferred
- Providing preventive equipment maintenance.
- Providing technical training on new equipment installations.
- Completing job reports.
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Candidate should also be self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment.
- Regional travel required to support installation and start-up activities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field. --preferred
- Associate degree or vocational school certificate and provide on the job training. --preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, homeland security check, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening, and/or skills assessments.
Job Type: Full-time.
Benefits (health and 401k).
M-F travel is a must. Valid DL to drive rental car. Travel is light in the beginning then can increase with experience.
"Must have” mechanical skills.
“Must have” electrical/controls skills.
American-Newlong is a leading manufacturer of automated, open-mouth bag packaging machinery, bag closing systems, and automation equipment. We offer a wide range of filled bag sewing machines, automatic bag heat sealers, robotic palletizers, bag making machines, and semi-automated and automated bagging equipment that weigh, pack, close, check weigh, distribute, and palletize.
American-Newlong automated bagging systems have proven to perform reliably in the food, fertilizer, grain, feed, and chemical industries, among others. Our machines use many types of bag materials.
We take great pride in manufacturing high quality, technically advanced equipment that allows our customers to produce products faster, more efficiently, and cost effective, with less downtime.
The American-Newlong automated bagging machines represent the most advanced and highest throughput in-line bag packaging solutions available.
We partner with our customers to provide the best piece of equipment for their application. We also provide "turnkey" systems and custom design systems for specific applications.
We are supported by our parent company, Newlong Machine Works, Ltd., Japan. Acknowledged as the premier developer and supplier of bag packaging equipment worldwide, American-Newlong’s proprietary technology and development capability has made it a leader in the industry in both the American and overseas markets.