D Brash & Sons Ltd (United Kingdom) - Calibration Engineer.
Provide a first-class weighing equipment calibration and maintenance service to customers and support Field Service Engineer colleagues in carrying out their duties.
You are expected to work with a variety of weighing equipment including but not exclusive to laboratory balances, industrial weighing devices, vessel weighing systems and weighbridges.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out calibration of weighing equipment to industry accreditation standards and customer expectations.
- Carry out maintenance of weighing equipment and accurately inform customers when repair is required.
- Carry out repair of weighing equipment to appropriate standards.
- Complete all required paperwork related to calibration of weighing equipment and submit on time.
- Physically move weights in order to complete calibration work.
- Frequently travel to customer sites to carry out calibration work or other tasks, as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service in the field and adhere to all Health and Safety procedures as required.
- Participate fully as a member of the D Brash and Sons team, providing cross-cover and support as required to ensure a network of service is delivered across the UK.
- Participate in appropriate training activities to ensure that knowledge of health and safety, equipment and procedures remains current
- Additional reasonable duties may be requested from time to time by a manager.
Skills and experience:
- Electronics or electro-mechanical qualification, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work well with a wide range of external customers and colleagues, building good working relationships within short timescales
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Ability to travel to customer sites and a full valid UK Driving Licence
- Experience in electrical fault finding, maintenance of machinery and calibration protocols
- IT literate with the ability to complete paperwork correctly first time
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in working practices
- Problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative and deliver results without supervision
- Experience in the weighing industry
- Experience in computer programming