Nol-Tec Systems, Inc. (United States) - Perform engineering duties related to the design and manufacture of bulk material handling systems. Responsible for system integration including pneumatic conveying, dust collection, bag handling, line switching/diverters, storage, batching, blending, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Supports project team in delivery of turnkey, automated system. Involved from the beginning of the project through startup and installation, in a manner which results in obtaining the desired quality by the required delivery date within project budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design pneumatic conveying systems based on sales quotation and customer contract specifications. May be required to take field dimensions.
- Support Project Managers in coordination and scheduling of assigned projects
- Communicate the project specifications and deadlines with external parties (fabricators, suppliers, assemblers, installation contractors, engineering firms, and freight forwarders)
- Communicate directly with customer to resolve issues with design or delivery.
- Identify out of scope change requests and assist PM’s with development of scope change proposals.
- Assist PM’s with selection of qualified installation contractors or suppliers when not specified by sales, purchasing, or customer.
- Create customized bills of material used for purchasing and production assembly.
- Direct the development of system and part drawings, may utilize internal or external resources.
- Conduct quality control inspections of finished equipment and manuals.
- Maintain project costs within the project budget.
- May travel to customer or vendor site to assist with system start-up, trouble-shooting and customer training as required
- Participates in continual quality improvement of department work activities.
- Complies with company safety regulations.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
- Ability to integrate individual efforts with activities of others.
- Gives and receives help when necessary.
- Collaborates effectively with other people, inside and outside the company, to achieve common goals.
- Exhibits a positive attitude in both individual and team work.
2. Work Ethic:
- Focuses effort on company work during company time.
- Meets deadlines
- Honest and responsible use of company time and resources.
3. Customer Service:
- Seeks ways to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Understands and satisfies customer requirements and delivers within expected timeframes.
- Develops broad knowledge and skills in a specific practice area.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
- Develops or improves existing products or designs.
- Work may include creation of previously non-existent products or modification of existing products, including product line extensions.
- Work includes selection and testing of materials or components that will be suitable for the product. Work may include responding to a customer request for a particular product or design.
- Senior level position
- Demonstrate creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to draw solutions from a wider range of experience.
- Generally, more proficient at solving problems in a timely manner.
- Assignments are broad in nature.
- Provides work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Assists in determining schedule and budget requirements
Work under minimal supervision and are responsible for defining technical approaches to projects.
- Possesses advanced oral and written communication skills. Keen listening and open-mindedness skills.
- Effectively interacts with and influences customers, contractors, vendors, and others.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Engineering degree from ABET accredited program preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years training in engineering technology or other technical degree.
- Typically, 3+ years of experience or a master’s degree and 2+ years of experience.
1. Ability to draw solutions from a wider range of experience
2. Knowledge of pneumatic conveying concepts
- Principles of pneumatic conveying and standard system sizing.
- Instrumentation of pneumatic transport.
- Feeding of pneumatic conveying systems.
- Classification of particles.
- Storage systems and particle flow behavior
- Control of pneumatic transport.
3. Knowledge of metal fabrication, construction and design.
4. Knowledge of ASME/ANSI drafting standards
5. Knowledge of technical drawing development
6. Working knowledge of ISA/Nol-Tec standards on P&ID’s
7. Knowledge of OSHA regulations as they applicable.
8. Knowledge of NFPA regulations for combustible dust.
9. Working knowledge of NEC / ATEX codes as they apply to electro mechanical components in hazardous areas.
10. Knowledge of sanitary design codes (3A/EHEDG)
11. Understanding of Six Sigma disciplines (design for assembly / design for manufacturing)
Licensure and Certification:
FE/PE, OSHA 10, Six Sigma Green Belt/ Lean Certification/Reliability Engineer Certification/Quality Engineer Certification.
Member of professional practice organization
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization skills to manage projects.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow complicated instructions.
- Ability to perform a variety of mathematical calculations using standard procedures.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and design software on a personal computer.
- Good judgement to maintain confidentiality of company and customer product and equipment and personnel information.
- Familiarity with 3Dmodeling
- Ability to adapt to change and to influence others to accept change
- “Can-do” attitude. AutoCAD/MicroStation skills (capable of developing schematic type drawings). Familiarity with SolidWorks modeling.
- Change Management.
- Experience training, mentoring and leading other engineers and technicians.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills.
Equipment To Be Used:
Mental, Physical, and Sensory Demands:
- Ability to handle stress associated with meeting deadlines.
- Self motivation to complete job duties.
- Ability to concentrate on detail 90% of the time.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- May sit at desk for extensive periods.
- Repetitive hand motions associated with drawing and keyboarding.
- Extensive exposure to computer monitor.
- May also encounter standing, walking, climbing, pushing, pulling, crawling, bending, reaching/stretching, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel.
- Routinely sees, speaks, hears, and listens.
Work may be performed in a standard office setting or customer manufacturing site. Air quality and noise levels in the office setting are within normal limits. Air quality and noise may occasionally be above normal limits at customer manufacturing sites. Eye, hearing, and safety protection is required at manufacturing sites. Exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes may occur during equipment testing at customer sites. May be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular work week depending on workload and deadline requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M / F / D / V:
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience, and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Nol-Tec Systems, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.