Nol-Tec Systems, Inc. (United States) - Works under general supervision to promote spare parts sales through solicitation and prompt customer service. Screen technical support questions and assist customers in obtaining support. Process warranty returns from customers and follow-up with manufacturers for warranty refund.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acknowledges and processes spare parts quotation requests within established deadlines.
- Logs quotation activity, monitors spare parts pricing against market, and updates selling prices as compared to costs.
- Generates customized recommendation for spare parts as provided with Installation, Operation, and Maintenance Manual and reviews spare parts codes for accuracy.
- Offers repair kits as spare parts option when appropriate.
- Processes spare parts orders upon receipt of purchase order by entering data into computer system within established deadlines.
- Verifies credit standing of customer with Accounting prior to processing order.
- Communicates rush drop shipments to purchasing and shipping departments, monitors open orders, and contacts customer with delay information.
- Research customer technical issues regarding Nol-Tec equipment and spare parts. Retrieves drawings and locates problem area.
- Refers customer to appropriate technical support when necessary.
- Authorizes returns from customer, logs activity, and monitors each stage of the return process (return, evaluation, manufacturer credit received, customer credit issued).
- Participates in meetings regarding processing of materials.
- Participates in continual quality improvement of department work activities.
- Complies with company safety regulations.
- Completes other assignments and special projects as requested.
- High School or equivalent
- Experience in direct customer communication
- Experience working in a parts and service area within manufacturing
- Knowledge of mechanical parts and components.
Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong logic and problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills required to store and quickly retrieve records
- Effective written and verbal business communication skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical and algebraic calculations.
- Attention to detail
- Judgement to maintain confidentiality of company and customer information.
Equipment To Be Used:
- Personal Computer with mouse
- Fax and copy machines
Mental, Physical, and Sensory Demands:
- Normal periods of concentration required to complete assignments within established deadlines.
- Routinely reads, writes and makes basic mathematical calculations.
- Manages stress associated with meeting deadlines, changing deadlines and conditions.
- Learn and retain verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to delegate appropriate tasks to administrative, engineering, purchasing, and production departments as necessary.
- Sits at desk most of day
- Exposure to computer monitor
- Extensive telephone communications
- Repetitive hand motions associated with keyboarding
- May also encounter standing walking, climbing, pushing, pulling, bending, twisting, reaching/stretching, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Routinely sees, speaks, hears, and listens
Work is typically performed in a standard office setting working at a desk or table on a level surface. Air quality and noise levels are usually within normal limits. Eye protection is usually not required. Under normal conditions, exposure to excessive noise, dust, humidity, and fumes is rare. May be required to work more hours than normally expected during a regular work week depending on workload and deadline requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M / F / D / V:
Job duties and requirements may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience, and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Nol-Tec Systems, Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Interested? Submit your enquiry using the form below:
Only available for registered users. Sign In to your account or register here.