Premier Scales & Systems (United States) - We are looking for a mechanically adept CDL driver to join our Louisville service team as a heavy-capacity technician. As a member of one of the area’s largest calibration teams, you will be responsible for the on-site installation, calibration, and maintenance of heavy-capacity weighing equipment. This position requires no prior scale experience, only a willingness to learn. Our extensive training program will teach you the valuable technical and troubleshooting skills needed to join the world’s elite group of measurement experts. Apply for our heavy-capacity technician position today and be part of our 50+ year legacy of excellence in industrial measuring solutions.
- Calibrate customer equipment following procedures and other technical requirements
- Maintain daily required documentation
- Gathered and record calibration data
- Prepare calibration reports and certificates
- Identify, adjust, and repair out-of-tolerance equipment
- Understand factors that contribute to inaccurate measurements
- Comply with all safety training
- Inspect, repair, test, and adjust equipment within specified tolerances
- Verify calibration data is correct and accurate
- Provide customer service through phone, email, and in-person interactions
- Strong mechanical, electronic, and/or mechanical background in an industrial environment.
- Valid Driver’s license and clean driving history
- Class B CDL required
- Ability to work in an on-call rotation and overtime as needed.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, technical writing ability preferred
- Must be able to troubleshoot, align and optimize precision equipment.
- Must possess a strong attention to details
- Must be dependable and have a solid work ethic
- Must be able to pass technical proficiency assessments
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and consent to a random drug testing program
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; military experience in measurement and diagnostic equipment or secondary education in a technical discipline.
- Must have a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and have the ability to understand various other software programs.
- Ability to frequently move test equipment, up to 50 pounds repeatedly, to carts for transport up to 1,000 pounds to other areas of the facility.
- Occasionally lift equipment greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to occasionally position self by climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling to complete calibration or other work.
- Must be able to operate a computer and read procedures from a monitor or from printouts.
- Ability to stand, stoop, or sit for long periods as testing requires.
- Capability to move about inside a lab, office, and various manufacturing environments.
- Able to work in various weather conditions. (heat, cold, rain…)
Premier Scales & Systems provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time.
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour.