Stevens Traceability Systems (United Kingdom) - Stevens Traceability Systems Limited is a market leader in traceability and weighing systems that are used by the UK’s top food production manufacturers as well as other markets including cash, courier, healthcare, and industrial.
With a brand that boasts over 160 years of experience, you will join a team of experts who all have a passion for delivering high-quality software and hardware solutions to our customers.
As our Electrical Design Engineer, you will be central to the development and creation of the electronic products produced for our vast array of clients in the UK and Ireland.
This is a full-time role, working 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. You will get 26 days of annual leave per year plus bank holidays.
In addition, the company offers a matched pension scheme, as well as Employee Life Insurance which pays out x4 your annual salary.
The company culture is a friendly, relaxed atmosphere with a small business feel. Everyone knows who everybody is and will happily help you when asked. Food is usually central to socialising, especially when our clients give us goodies.
Sources of food and drink are also not far from reach as we’re located just off Junction 6 of the M65 motorway close to local supermarkets, coffee, and fast-food chains, as well as Frontier Park services. Blackburn town centre is also just a short drive away.
We also have a large, free car park for staff.
We are looking for an Electrical/Electronic Design and Control Engineer who can develop cost-effective electrical/electronic solutions for weighing, waste, and filling systems.
The ideal candidate would be a person who can interface drive motors, belted systems, electronic sensors and inverters, relays, and power circuits that control a range of automated tasks on Checkweigher, Metal detector, and Filling Systems.
- Develop electrical design solutions and discuss costs/benefits with senior management.
- Produce circuit prototypes and electrical circuit diagrams.
- Produce electrical schematics, circuit layouts, test instructions, and specification data for Technical Files.
- Liaise with the manufacturing department during prototype and production 1st off runs.
- Collect and analyse data from test results.
Experience and Skills:
- Electrical/control design capability.
- A creative flair and design ability and the ability to review and analyse technical options.
- Keep up to date with electrical and communication technology.
- Attention to detail and good electrical/control problem-solving ability.
- Strong written and oral communication.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Time management and organisational skills.
- Knowledge within a weighing environment would be advantageous.
- PLC programming and ability to interface between electrical, mechanical, and software applications and equipment. Desirable
- Strong communications knowledge e.g. RS232, RS422, RS485, Ethernet and Modbus etc. Desirable
- Degree/HND/HNC Electrical Engineering with suitable practical hands-on design work experience.
Salary is dependent on experience; however, a competitive salary is available for the right person.