Precia-Molen UK Ltd (United Kingdom) - Field Service Engineer UK.
We are looking for additional service engineers to:
- Service/repair/install weighing equipment to a high standard on weighbridges, conveyor belts, hoppers or vessels on client’s sites.
- Calibrate weighing equipment using test weights, flowmeter or force
- Interact with client’s and clients engineers/technicians to integrate weighing/control equipment into customers premises.
- Competitive basic salary depending on experience
- 39-hour week + weekday and weekend overtime rates
- 23 rising to 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (8 days)
- Company pension (auto enrol)
- Private healthcare scheme
- Daily lunch allowance (tax free)
- Customer Service incentive scheme
- Company van with specialist tools
- Workwear & P.P.E.
- Personal development & ongoing training opportunities (Confined space training, SPA Quarry passport, CCNSG Passport).
- This is a Field based role (working from home) and will include visiting our customer sites and providing excellent customer service to our many varied clients.
- Duties will include carrying out preventative maintenance, repairs, installation, calibration/verification of weighing equipment (mainly weighbridges and belt scales) and other equipment within interesting and varied industries such as aggregates & minerals, cement & concrete products, agri-bulk, environmental services & food production.
- The type of equipment can vary from small platform table top scales to large industrial hopper scales and weighbridges.
- You should be comfortable travelling to and working within a variety of customer premises, from quarries, docks, ready mix concrete plant recycling plants, transfer stations and factories (both inside and outside customer premises).
- The role is home based, and as a result of this your location can be flexible (within assigned region)- you may be required to work within other designated areas within the UK for short periods (overnight for example)
- You must support health & safety, quality standards and good engineering processes & practices.
- You should be able to handle any challenging situations with customers in a positive, professional and courteous manner at all times.
- You will have the ability to work independently or in a team (as/when required).
- Good attention to detail and enjoy problem solving with positive and optimistic “can do” attitude.
- Four years field service experience (an industrial weighing background would be a real advantage) in dealing with customers on customer’s sites daily.
- Field Electrical/mechanical experience (qualifications preferred).
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Office/Outlook) including the use of a laptop computer for fault diagnosis.
- Good prompt communication skills – oral and written.
- Self-management skills for tools and van stock control.
- A valid UK driving license.
Desired Skills/Qualifications (would be an advantage):
- Experience of repair and calibration of weighing equipment by weight mass/flowmeter/force calibration
- Ability to understand electrical drawings
- Understanding/problem solving of networking protocols(Ethernet/RS485/RS232 etc).