Inside sales will qualify leads by asking probing questions to gain understanding of the customer’s needs, the applications, seriousness of the enquiry, and real sales potential (i.e. budget, authority, need, and timing). Once the prospect is qualified Inside Sales will pass the opportunity along to the outside sales engineer, retain ownership of the opportunity themselves, or hand the opportunity off to customer support for follow up.
The goal of this position is to provide strong a technical sales contact to quickly respond to customer needs, and at the same time free up time for the outside sales engineers to pursue larger more time consuming opportunities.
Inside Technical Sales and the outside sales engineer will work closely to manage to territory to provide second to none customer responsiveness, and support.
- Extensive interaction with customers and prospects via phone and email
- Have the ability to deduce from customers all facts to adequately recommend a satisfactory product solution
- Identify new sales opportunities when talking with prospective customers
- Strong technical understanding of all HBM products, and the ability to perform basic hardware demonstrations over WeBex sessions
- Diligently log sales activities and opportunities in CRM
- Qualify leads provided within CRM system
- Prepare and send quotations and correspondence
- Respond to invitations for bids
- Develop new business and maintain existing customer loyalty
- Excellent verbal, listening and questioning skills are required
- Bachelor degree in Engineering preferably Electrical, Mechanical
- Inside technical sales experience with a minimum of 3 to 5 years
- Background in instrumentation, test or data acquisition a plus
- Technical ability to learn diverse product line
- Must be self-motivated and organized
- Must be organized and have ability to set priorities
- Must have desire to learn and work in sales office environment
- Must be capable of handling many cases in parallel
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and WebEx tools
- US citizenship or green card required
HBM, the leader in weighing, test and measurement technologies, provides state-of-the-art transducers, signal conditioning electronics, data acquisition systems and measurement software for use in automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, railroad, construction and assembly applications.
Our comprehensive product offering is backed by 60 years of experience in professional measurement services. U.S. locations include our headquarters in Marlboro, MA, with offices in IL, MI and WI.
HBM offers great benefits including a generous paid time off policy, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, and education reimbursement.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover letter, resume and application at:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Other Articles from HBM - Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH (Germany)
© HBM - Hottinger Baldwin Messtechnik GmbH (Germany) / International Weighing Review