Avery Weigh-Tronix (UK) - Avery Weigh-Tronix is one of the world's leading suppliers of weighing solutions. With over 250 years of experience, the company designs, manufactures, markets and services a broad range of high quality industrial products and weighing systems. Owned by Illinois Tool Works, Avery Weigh-Tronix incorporates some of the best known and longest-established companies in the weighing industry.
Railweight is a pioneer in dynamic weighing of rail vehicles and has the largest number of in-motion weighing systems in operation worldwide. Due to the group’s continual growth, a new position has arisen for a Railweight Service Engineer.
Objective of role:
To work as part of the national Railweight service team to achieve all business objectives. The requirement is for an experienced commercially focused person to contribute to Railweight’s business performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide breakdown and preventative maintenance services to Railweight customers on Industrial Train Weighing products and systems at a variety of sites in the UK.
- To provide calibration services on Railweight Industrial products and Industrial systems at customer premises inthe UK both during the normal working week and occasionally over weekends.
- To provide occasional installation, breakdown, preventative maintenance and calibration services to Railweight customers located outside of the UK, in places such as Europe, North America, South Africa, Australia and Asia.
- To regularly contribute in the form of overtime in-line with the requirements of the Business.
- To provide a professional, courteous and responsible attitude to work in all customer facing situations and environments.
- To ensure that any other paperwork associated with this role is maintained and adhered to in respect to the relevant standard and Company policy.
- To maintain accurate records so that the Business may determine contract profitability and engineer productivity.
- To ensure accurate and timely administrative care is taken when completing time sheets.
- To be responsible for the accurate management of spare parts stock to ensure a high level of first time fix.
- To ensure spare parts stock is kept safe and secure as part of this process to physically quality check equipment used to carry role out.
- To observe and comply with all Company policies including but not limited to Health and Safety, Car Policy, Ethics Policy, IT User policy and all policies and appendices within the Contract of Employment.
- To comply with the Company’s Expense Policy and submit expenses on a weekly basis to the Railweight Sales and Service Manager for approval.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate within the scope of the role and in-line with skills and experience.
This is a field-based role. While the individual operates as part of a team, they will normally be working alone in customer sites in the region which will be carried out through customer visits for up to 7 days a week.
Applications (CV and cover letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16th January 2015.
Other Articles from Avery Weigh-Tronix (UK)
© Avery Weigh-Tronix (UK) / International Weighing Review