Interface, Inc. (USA) - Interface is the world leader in force and torque transducers for the aerospace, oil, testing, auto, medical, and other industries. We have a world class Engineering Department that has an immediate need for a talented engineer to join our team designing strain gage based transducers and systems for precision physical measurements.
- Strong interest in and knowledge of engineering mechanics, especially statics and strength of materials.
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling of machined parts.
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- Experience in experimental stress analysis.
- Familiarity with a Finite Element Analysis software package.
- Hands-on. Comfortable in the laboratory and on the production floor as well as at the design desk.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical design aspects of force, torque, pressure, or displacement transducers.
- Knowledge of strain gage materials, properties, and specifications.
- Knowledge of engineering materials and their properties.
- Familiarity with joining technologies including bonding and welding.
- Working knowledge of Wheatstone bridge circuits, preferably including property selection and temperature compensation techniques.
- Interest in metrology as it relates to calibration of electro-mechanical devices. Must have an appreciation for the science of precision physical measurements.
- Familiarity with CNC machining processes.
- Knowledge of basic instrumentation practices related to signal conditioning of low level mV signals, analog amplifiers, and digital conversion.
- Project management experience. Skill in organization and planning development projects.
- Communicate effectively with production personnel, sales personnel, customers.
Education: BSME minimum
This position is full-time, exempt and is eligible for benefits including medical, dental and 401(k). We are a drug and alcohol free work place, pre-employment screening is required.