The system not only allows Schenck Process to meet the stringent hygienic requirements of the food industry, it also offers numerous other benefits: The weighing module is incredibly simple to dismantle and assemble, saving time and effort where frequent cleaning is required. Wet cleaning with a jet of steam is also very straightforward and hassle free. All parts that require cleaning are secured with easy-to-use plug connections. It is also available with a dust proof housing if required by the customer. If the installation height is very low and gaps in transport need bridging, it’s certainly the right system: economic, space-saving and virtually maintenance-free.
The weighing module can be used as a measuring or feeding system. And what’s particularly smart is that the MULTIDOS® F can be optimised for any special application in the food processing industry. By integrating weighing technology from Schenck Process, the system precisely records products such as cocoa powder, cereals, salt or freeze-dried vegetables. The open variant of the MULTIDOS® F is also used for special applications in the meat-processing industry, for example when making mincemeat or sausages, or the fish-processing industry, i.e. those processes with the most stringent hygienic standards.
The overriding features of the MULTIDOS® F weigh feeder are its versatility and extreme flexibility. The standardised modular system with a belt width of 300 to 1200 mm and caster wheels of between 1000 and 3500 mm is available in 100 percent stainless steel. Its maximum output is 170 m³/hr.
The proven DISOCONT® or INTECONT® electronics are used for feeding or measuring systems. They can be installed in a control cabinet or used as a field solution in the MechaTronic version. Our control electronics are able to interface with the most populous bus connections such as Profibus DP, Ethernet or DeviceNet, making possible links to on-site process control systems.
EasyServe configuration and parameterisation software also assists the user in an easy-to-understand way. It is available on CD-ROM and contains detailed descriptions for the user.
The benefits at a glance:
- Version with housing or as open case model, 100 percent stainless steel
- Available in a hygienic design version (suited to wet cleaning applications)
- Quick Clean design with removable casing and the option to remove the mechanism from the side
- Quick and easy belt change using quick-clamping equipment
- Direct drive technology outside the housing. No chain drive (plug-in coupling)
- Modern MechaTronic drive with integrated frequency converter, fully configured and wired to electronics (plug and play)
- Belt monitoring with automatic compensation for belt influences
- High throughput rates of up to 170 m³/hr, with high-precision measuring and feeding of between ± 0.25 and ± 0.5 percent
- Batch operation with coarse/fine flow function and loading at the point of discharge
Other Articles from Schenck Process (Germany)
© Schenck Process (Germany) / International Weighing Review