Heat and Control Inc. (United States) - Heat and Control Pty Ltd is a global leader in Food Processing Systems and Packaging Equipment with an expanding export market and worldwide affiliations. Our equipment is exported around the world, with the company being the recipient of many prestigious export awards. Based in Mt Gravatt, the Brisbane design and manufacturing facility is the Head Office for Australia, SE Asia, India, China, Europe, UK and Africa operations.
About the Role:
As Mechanical Design Engineer you will report to the Engineering Manager. Working as part of a high performing team, you will be responsible for designing solutions that meet our customers' requirements; and exceed their expectations.
This is an integral role within the business and will see you partnering with all roles across our engineering and manufacturing teams to:
- Become involved in the full project life cycle – from concept to manufacture.
- Provide sound mechanical designs that adheres to engineering standards (sizing, specifications and calculations).
- Develop concepts and layout studies in Inventor 3D and AutoCAD 2D
- Perform calculations and product selection.
- Participate in formal and informal design reviews.
- Focus on producing innovative and cost-effective designs.
- Ensure legal compliance and safety and suitability for manufacture.
To succeed in this role, you will have a proven track record of delivering reliable designs in a project manufacturing environment.
Additionally, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (Degree/Associate Diploma/Trade).
- At least 5-10 years experience in a similar environment.
- Sound knowledge of engineering standards.
- Working knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and 3D CAD software, preferably Inventor, including FEA modules.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation and in all forms.
- Exceptional work ethics and the ability to work to organisational values.
- An attractive remuneration package and conditions.
- Long term career opportunities.
- Free on-site parking.
- A great team culture with low staff turnover.
If you believe you have the drive and determination to succeed in this role, we would like to hear from you!
Heat and Control is an equal opportunity employer who provides a smoke free work environment, free on-site parking with excellent working conditions.