Ishida Europe Ltd. (United Kingdom) - Location: Birmingham West Midlands.
What is the purpose of the role?
Your role as an Assembly Technician is to ensure machines are built to specification with zero defects and of high standard quality finish. Machines must be built within the agreed standard build time. Ensure high standards of right first time, build efficiency and service level are consistently achieved. Provide fast resolution to any assembly issues identified and ensure good levels of communication with Operations Team.
- Being responsible for health and welfare of both themselves and fellow team members
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, sketches and written instructions of engineers and other team members and then to assemble as required
- Helping, encouraging and developing other team members within the department as required
- Assisting Team Leader and other team members in continuous improvement activities
- Reporting Health and Safety issues / near misses to Assembly Team Leader
- Updating hours accounting on ERP system in a timely manner
What skills are we looking for?
You will have basic wiring skills, be able to use hand tools and have assembly knowledge in the food manufacturing industry. The right candidate will possess a good attention to detail, be dependable, flexible and customer focused. You will be able to consistently achieve ‘Right First Time’ performance against cost and time scale targets.
What’s in it for you?
If successful, we offer a competitive salary with 25 days + 8 b/hols (3/4 to be taken in Christmas shutdown), a contributory pension, health cash plan, cycle to work, free parking on site, unlimited drinks from vending machine, x4 life assurance.