Setra Systems, Inc. (United States) - Setra Systems, Inc. is an Operating Company within the Sensing Technologies platform of Fortive Corporation that designs and manufactures a broad line of premium sensing products including humidity, current, vacuum, energy and pressure sensing instruments. Our products are used in a wide variety of applications within the global HVAC/R, Healthcare, Industrial, and Semiconductor markets.
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination on several bases.
Setra Systems is seeking an Account Manager to grow our share at existing accounts across a wide variety of industrial markets throughout the US and Canada. This newly created role is an extremely exciting opportunity for someone who excels at leveraging existing business to identify and win new opportunities. The optimal candidate has a proven track record of building high-value business relationships across all key decision makers and staekholders in their account base. Additionally, this role must be able to work cross-functionally within Setra to ensure the appropriate level of daily support and priority for new business opportunities.
159 Swanson Road Boxborough, MA 01719.
- Proactively manage an existing account base of 100+ OEM accounts totaling over $5M in existing business
- Develop and execute account specific growth plans at top growth accounts
- Manage and negotiate pricing to help Setra achieve margin/price goals on an annual basis
- Develop and proactively manage forecasting plans with top accounts to ensure proper internal alignment with customer demand and expectations; working closely and effectively with key people in our operations team
- Ensure alignment between our account management strategy and the customer’s top business objectives; timely and effective communication within Setra to the proper groups and leaders is key
- Maintain a high frequency of contact; continuously expanding our contact base and presence within the assigned accounts to ensure Setra becomes the go-to for new projects
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities to ensure that Setra is working the right projects that align with our technology and capabilities; this will require working closely with engineering and product management through the design and customer qualification process
- Effectively follow-up on all leads within your assigned account with the proper sense of urgency
- Effectively manage new business opportunities using Setra’s funnel management process in Salesforce.com; keeping your funnel up to date is a strict requirement of the role
- 5+ years of technical sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to grow key account business and cultivate distribution
- Proven ability to utilize sales techniques such as value-selling and competitive cross-selling
- Experience prospecting with demonstrated ability to drive new business
- Experience effectively managing long sales-cycle projects
- Proficient in utilizing Salesforce.com (SFDC) or similar CRM system
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- Selling to OEMs
- Selling sensor products, especially pressure, is a plus
- Selling to Semiconductor OEMs is a plus
- Bachelor Degree required
- Engineering, or other Technical Degree is preferred
Critical Success Factors:
- Excels in a fast-paced, metric-driven environment; multi-tasking is a must
- Entrepreneurial spirit to drive sales and grow the business
- Act as a consultant for customers; be an effective listener and problem solver
- Aptitude for selling a technical product and absorbing product knowledge
- Maintain a service-oriented and customer-focused mindset at all times
- Execute tasks with the utmost sense of urgency
- Portray company and self well; maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times
10% or less.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company, with a $6B portfolio of market-leading brands. We develop and deliver essential technology for the people who create, implement and accelerate progress. And we achieve this through our people. Our globally diverse team of 24,000 employees is united by a common culture rooted in Fortive Business System (FBS). Exceptional people thrive at Fortive because we build extraordinary teams for extraordinary results. We recruit, develop and retain the best talent available. We shape the future. We innovate to fuel our customers’ success, building better businesses and propelling progress. We are driven to do better. We emphasize continuous improvement and nonstop learning. We are team-oriented. We work together, and we win together. We create an environment based on integrity and action, not politics and bureaucracy.
At Fortive, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We need the most talented people to keep progressing. Here you’ll learn how FBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.