Yamato Scale Co., Ltd. (USA) - Yamato Corporation is a privately held, global manufacturer of machinery used in the food packaging industry and in business for over 100 years. Having a unique product line, with a limited number of competitors, we have consistently grown our global sales. By serving a market that is nearly recession proof (food), our well-run company has been very stable and financially healthy.
Yamato Corporation offers competitive pay and provides a comprehensive benefits program including 100% company-paid insurance premiums, a generous 401(k) company match, and generous PTO.
Electrical Project Engineer will be primarily responsible for design, development, and installation of machine control systems that include Yamato’s automatic dive funnel, multipoint discharge, packer scale and other developments.
Duties include the generation of schematic diagrams, PLC programming and documentation, HMI screen layout/design, specification of servo motion control packages, and integration of the above.
- Will be responsible for design, documentation, and testing of PLC code and hardware to assure optimal performance of Yamato engineered products.
- Ability to analyze functional and sequential operation of mechanical subassemblies to define control system requirements.
- Ability to create intuitive human-machine-interface screens that provide the access and functionality that facilitates peak system performance while being user friendly.
- Ability to specify, design, and integrate servo-motion control technology.
- Some travel required to commission and troubleshoot equipment onsite.
- Project management skills that assure quality and on time results.
- Working knowledge of NEC and U.L.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent field; Associate degree may be considered based on degree and experience.
- Three or more years of experience in control system design, motion control, PLC ladder logic programming.
- A strong working knowledge of Allen-Bradley PLC’s, Yaskawa MP3300iec, and Beckhoff TwinCAT motion control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interface with end-users at various skill and management levels.
- Must be able to comprehend machine design concepts and apply the proper control approach.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above is only a summary of the typical functions of this job. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of this job may differ from those outlined in the description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of this position.
Yamato Also Offers:
- Above industry standard pay
- Generous time off
- Working with interesting products
- A sharing atmosphere
- Room for advancement
- Stable employment
- A clean and safe working environment
- You make the difference!