The advantages of SOLAS Method n.2, determining container weights by weighing individual items:
- Weight information available early, end customers can make changes without missing their ship
- No overloaded containers during road transport to the port
- Highly accurate weight information, certified OIML III
- Efficient weighing, no driving back and forth to weighbridges
- Information available on individual shipments within containers
iForks is the successful wireless mobile scale for forklift trucks from RAVAS. With iForks on the truck, every load lifted is immediately weighed. iForks provide a highly accurate weight read-out in 1 kg steps on a display in the cabin, and are available in legal for trade version OIML III. Extended scale functions include registering of ID codes with every weight recorded. iForks also communicates bi-directionally with WMS or ERP systems, via Bluetooth or Wifi connection. iForks can be installed on any counterbalanced or reach truck in a matter of minutes.
For efficient computing of container weights, RAVAS offers its SOLAS App. The App can be installed on a PDA, iPad or iPhone. After identifying the container by its number and registering its tare weight, the App allows the user to identify individual pallets or shipments and register their weight, communicated by iForks. Total container weight is computed and registered on the PDA, and can be downloaded to a PC via USB cable as a CSV file. If the App is used on an iPad or iPhone, the information can be e-mailed to the shipping company straight from the App.